Well I'm not sure if I have said that Sam and I are safe and sound in Phuket, but we are. No jobs, aparently you need to have a work permit...and you need to be young...and thai...
But anyhow, today we went to Ton Sai waterfall, actually we went to get some repairs done on the motorbike but we saw the sign so we decided to go to the waterfall instead. We didnt bother having breakfast or taking water because we assumed we would just take the motor bike along and see a cool waterfall. So in flip flops we wandered up a path which turned out to be a hiking trail through the jungle...the thai jungle is something you need a thai bodyguard to escort you through....and if any of you know about my fear of ants, well anyways, Sam saw thousands of super big ants crawling around so he got really close and stepped all over them to take a picture...and then the ants all started going crazy and climbed all over him and bit him (he says they sucked his blood but I think he might be exagerating). Then we got lost a few times and it ended up taking hours and after more ants and snakes and spiderwebs in my hair we (I) decided to go back. So when we finally hiked all the way down got on our motorbike and started heading home I kept on feeling something moving in my helmet and moving into my hair but I thought it was the wind and stopped thinking about it until it moved a couple more times so we stopped to take off my helmet and find the worlds biggest blackest spider curled up in it. Needless to say, I threw the helmet as far away as I could and saw the spider crawl out of it. So in the end now I not only have a deathly fear of ants, its spiders too.
Anyhow next time i'll try to upload some photos of the trip so far!
Love to all!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
and earwigs?
ReplyDelete