Friday, October 16, 2009

Back to Cairo

Hello team,

I successfully started a blog, without the help of GEORGE...so I hope this is working.

I arrived back to Cairo with horrible jet lag, but the weather aint bad so I cant complain!

I don't really have much to report here, this is more or less a practice run...so far I slept, ate a few times, walked around a bit, had a family dinner with Sam's family. (Didn't really understand a whole lot but I'm used to staring into space, haha)

Mostly they just force feed me, but there's nothing wrong with that either, I got three pieces of cake from various family members.

I also made crepes served with maple syrup for Sam's mom and brother. There was a lot of confusion about what maple syrup is made of and what its purpose is...(more or less sugar....and it tastes delicious...)

Well that's all for now love all of you!!

11 comments:

  1. Please forward this along, I dont have everyone's email addresses.....cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go MAd
    Can't wait to follow your adventures. You are a very good writer MAybe you are meant to use pen and paper (or keyboard) instead of telephones! It was great to see you. Take care
    Aunty MArg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Maddie!
    It was great to see you while you were here.
    Glad we'll be able to follow your tribulations
    Just in case it's not in your Favorites
    www.cwtv.com/shows/gossip-girl
    Get Egypt hooked up.
    Love Jules xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Maddy im glad to hear that you got back safe and sound and i cant wait to follow your blog so keep writing!!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mad, I had a heck of a long week, going crazy for the next episode.
    Maple syrup is made from the sap of maple trees. In the spring, when the sap is rising, the trees are tapped and the sap is collected and then boiled down to syrup. It takes something like 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup. Quebec produces most of the worlds maple syrup. Go to wikepedia for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mads from Unce Hamish!
    Thanks to Grandpere for forwarding this blog.
    This will be a good way to keep in touch with everyone.
    ~JD~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how maple syrup is made!!!! GEEEEZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am experimenting with the Blog thing.Is this the way I post a comment? Tomorrow is George's birthday.Imagine he will be 25 years!He and Natalie and I are going out for brunch, and I am supposed to be researching a restaurant.I better get busy hadn't I ? This afternoon, I watched 4 hours of sports on TV.Both the Canucks and the Lions were playing.Both the games were exciting.The Canucks won vs the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Lions lost in overtime to Regina.
    I am reading a classic American novel entitled "Little Women" by Alcott.It is a story for girls , written about 100 years ago.It is renowned , so I thought I ought to be familiar with it.Next,as part of my education is "The Catcher in the Rye"
    We are being exposed to much news about the Winter Olympics, which are being held here in February.
    This is all the news from grandpere.


    ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya Mad!

    I'm missing you tons. I guess you're in thailand now... I got a job, finally.
    I'm a liftie at the ski jump park for the olympics! Dudes huzz off a platform 300m in the air at 95km/hr and fly through the air for like 400 ft! It's sick.

    call me anytime. 1-778-970-0014
    Love george

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mad
    Sounds like you should come hiking with me instead. All that ever happens to me is I end up somewhere other than where i started out for!
    Have you done any diving yet?
    It has been the craziest wet November, with records snowfall at Whistler and the Local Mountains.
    In other words, you are in the right part of the world.
    Things are going well for me at BCIT and they have work for me next term too. I will be developing 3 new courses as well as teaching one. I am really excited.
    Looking forward to your next update. Take care.
    Love
    Aunty Marg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan11/10
    Dear Maddie,
    Your animal clinic duties sound interesting.Maybe its a niche? Do you have access to a computer? Who pays for you to go out looking for strays? How do you overcome the language barrier? How do you know you have a stray? What about Rabies? Enough questions: at our house we had George and Natalie,and James over for present giving and
    turkey dinner.Auntie Doll did a lot of Christmas baking so we are living high on the hog ,so to speak.
    We have taken down the Christmas Tree:always a sad time for me: a signal that all the good feelings are over.
    Your uncle James has gone off to Hawaii for a
    little holiday.He asked me for your telephone number, he wanted to send you a text message.Do you have a number? What time is the best time to call?I guess text messages don't wake you up, so they can be sent at any hour!
    How is the Thai food,it has the reputation of being spicey?
    We have completed the experience of Gina learning to drive.She learned quickly,and now
    drives me shopping, to the dentist,etc;very helpful.
    Last time I checked there were only two veternary schools in Canada:Guelph and Saskatoon.Saskatoon city I know well,because we used to live there, and many of my family graduated from U of S namely,your great uncles Hugh and Kenneth and your great auntie
    Mame,so we have a strong attachment for U of S and Saskatoon.
    I better go now,lots of love and we miss you,and particularily at Christmas.
    Our church St.Johns is in plenty of difficulty,but that story will have to wait for another time.
    grandpere

    ReplyDelete